July 29, 2014
*Editor's note* please forgive some audio funkiness, Patrick's feed is a bit quiet in this recording.
In the 44th rendition of Radio Free Weser you'll hear....
- How SV Werder fared against Wacker Innsbruck and Atheltic Bilbao during this week's friendlies (not bad, really)
- How David Selke is making a case for the First Team
- How Tim Wiese could bench press your family...and why you should sympathize with him for it
- Case update on Bremen v. DFL/DFB...enter the Rummenigge
- Patrick fail to get Bjorn to yell "GIBRALTER" a la his favorite scene in Das Boot
- Should we dislike Eintracht Frankfurt as much as Wolfsburg now that Schaaf is collecting former Werderaner?
As always, thanks much for listening!
July 22, 2014
In this summer-y edition of Radio Free Weser you'll learn...
- who has extended their contract with the club
- who has not done so
- who cut their stupid hair (will the real Slim Shady please stand up?)
- What Robin needs in order to improve in the league table
- Why Werder Bremen is at the center of a legal battle that could change the shape of the Bundesliga
All that and more in a slow-news week at Radio Free Weser!
July 15, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back (yes, so soon!)
Light news week for the Green&Whites - in this show you'll hear:
- World Cup Prediction game results (score one for America)
- Werder news roundup!
- Fritz says he's good to go
- Fritz and Eichin name Zander the successor
- Selassie as a midfielder
- Galvez and Dortmund
- Herzog's New Gig?
- Werder v. Kickers Emden recap
- Early, very early predictions.
July 12, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back with the first episode of the 2014-2015 Bundesliga Seasons. The lads talk about some wonderful transfer dealing by Sport Director Thomas Eichin, and go into detail regarding some of the new faces showing up around the Weserstadion. Spoiler: They're excited about Hajrovic
In the second segment the guys talk about the first few friendlies Werder have played during the still-nascent pre-season schedule. Is there anything of value we can take from the games so far? Or must we wait?
In the third, and final segment Patrick and Bjorn discuss their biggest surprises of the 2014 World Cup (thus far) and look forward to the Final on Sunday between Germany and Argentina.
Thanks for sticking with us! The show will now resume its weekly status!