August 26, 2014
Welcome to a special episode of Radio Free Weser, the first of its kind recorded in front of a life studio audience!
In this show:
- Dutt curious first XI choices
- Why Selke plays over Petersen
- Wither Fritz, part 7
- Eichin battles the board, and the board wins
- Is are situation really better or worse than HSV?
- 2nd Round Pokal Draw reaction
- Hoffenheim Preview
- Fantasy Soccer segment
- Assani Lukimya, fantasy stud.....awkward.
August 18, 2014
Welcome a jam-packed edition of Radio Free Weser as we officially kick off the 2014-2015 season!
In this week's show:
- Getting the monkey off your back, and getting into the 2nd Round of the Pokal
- Werder season predictions
- Bundesliga season predictions
- Hertha BSC, matchday 1 Preview
- A Mystery new fourth segment, sure to still around for the whole season.
August 12, 2014
The last week of the summer break! Its back to the matches that matter as Bjorn and Patrick preview this weekend's DFB Pokal match versus Illertissen.
Also in this pod:
- Recap the last two friendlies of the summer
- Happy trails Akpala...you defined the term 'transfer bust'
- Mehmet also nearly gone?
- Klose calls time for the DFB
- Should Werder court investors?
- Can Werder snap the poor run of form in the DFB Pokal?
August 5, 2014
Welcome back to another week of Radio Free Weser!
In this show Bo recaps his full soccer weekend, including his trips to both the Millerntor and Weserstadion. Also in the show...
- The scoop on day of the fans
- Werder trash Chelsea in a friendly...as was expected
- Mou none too pleased
- Galvez as a holding midfielder
- Other odds and ends throughout the Green and White wonderland.
Thanks again for listening guys!
July 29, 2014
*Editor's note* please forgive some audio funkiness, Patrick's feed is a bit quiet in this recording.
In the 44th rendition of Radio Free Weser you'll hear....
- How SV Werder fared against Wacker Innsbruck and Atheltic Bilbao during this week's friendlies (not bad, really)
- How David Selke is making a case for the First Team
- How Tim Wiese could bench press your family...and why you should sympathize with him for it
- Case update on Bremen v. DFL/DFB...enter the Rummenigge
- Patrick fail to get Bjorn to yell "GIBRALTER" a la his favorite scene in Das Boot
- Should we dislike Eintracht Frankfurt as much as Wolfsburg now that Schaaf is collecting former Werderaner?
As always, thanks much for listening!
July 22, 2014
In this summer-y edition of Radio Free Weser you'll learn...
- who has extended their contract with the club
- who has not done so
- who cut their stupid hair (will the real Slim Shady please stand up?)
- What Robin needs in order to improve in the league table
- Why Werder Bremen is at the center of a legal battle that could change the shape of the Bundesliga
All that and more in a slow-news week at Radio Free Weser!
July 15, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back (yes, so soon!)
Light news week for the Green&Whites - in this show you'll hear:
- World Cup Prediction game results (score one for America)
- Werder news roundup!
- Fritz says he's good to go
- Fritz and Eichin name Zander the successor
- Selassie as a midfielder
- Galvez and Dortmund
- Herzog's New Gig?
- Werder v. Kickers Emden recap
- Early, very early predictions.
July 12, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back with the first episode of the 2014-2015 Bundesliga Seasons. The lads talk about some wonderful transfer dealing by Sport Director Thomas Eichin, and go into detail regarding some of the new faces showing up around the Weserstadion. Spoiler: They're excited about Hajrovic
In the second segment the guys talk about the first few friendlies Werder have played during the still-nascent pre-season schedule. Is there anything of value we can take from the games so far? Or must we wait?
In the third, and final segment Patrick and Bjorn discuss their biggest surprises of the 2014 World Cup (thus far) and look forward to the Final on Sunday between Germany and Argentina.
Thanks for sticking with us! The show will now resume its weekly status!
June 8, 2014
Summer is upon us!
- Patrick and Bjorn spend segment 1 discussing the latest news surrounding Werder Bremen.
- In Segment 2 the boys make their picks to advance from each of the 8 groups at the World Cup, beginning this week - If you're interested in taking part if the RFW Pod pick'em, hit us up @RFWPod on twitter
- In Segment 3 the boys tackle the World Cup group that was made for this show, Group G. Germany - Portugal - Ghana - USA
Thanks for listening to an (even more) laid back episode of Radio Free Weser. We'll be back at the close of the Group Stage to talk more World Cup and Werder news!
May 23, 2014
Welcome to the final Episode of Season 1 of Radio Free Weser!
Patrick and Bjorn recap the Ruckrunde of the 2013/2014 Bundesliga Campaign for Werder Bremen, as well as cover all the biggest news surrounding the club.
In this pod:
- Schaaf to Frankfurt, what do the boys think?
- Hunt to follow?
- Schroeder, what does he bring to the coaching staff?
- A happy Ruckrunde for Werder
- Did the team Over or Underacheive?
- Goal of the Season
- Game of the Season
- Player of the Season
- Best New signing?
- Biggest disappointments
- Summer plans-- stay tuned! Radio Free Weser will be around this summer!