July 29, 2014
*Editor's note* please forgive some audio funkiness, Patrick's feed is a bit quiet in this recording.
In the 44th rendition of Radio Free Weser you'll hear....
- How SV Werder fared against Wacker Innsbruck and Atheltic Bilbao during this week's friendlies (not bad, really)
- How David Selke is making a case for the First Team
- How Tim Wiese could bench press your family...and why you should sympathize with him for it
- Case update on Bremen v. DFL/DFB...enter the Rummenigge
- Patrick fail to get Bjorn to yell "GIBRALTER" a la his favorite scene in Das Boot
- Should we dislike Eintracht Frankfurt as much as Wolfsburg now that Schaaf is collecting former Werderaner?
As always, thanks much for listening!
July 22, 2014
In this summer-y edition of Radio Free Weser you'll learn...
- who has extended their contract with the club
- who has not done so
- who cut their stupid hair (will the real Slim Shady please stand up?)
- What Robin needs in order to improve in the league table
- Why Werder Bremen is at the center of a legal battle that could change the shape of the Bundesliga
All that and more in a slow-news week at Radio Free Weser!
July 15, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back (yes, so soon!)
Light news week for the Green&Whites - in this show you'll hear:
- World Cup Prediction game results (score one for America)
- Werder news roundup!
- Fritz says he's good to go
- Fritz and Eichin name Zander the successor
- Selassie as a midfielder
- Galvez and Dortmund
- Herzog's New Gig?
- Werder v. Kickers Emden recap
- Early, very early predictions.
July 12, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back with the first episode of the 2014-2015 Bundesliga Seasons. The lads talk about some wonderful transfer dealing by Sport Director Thomas Eichin, and go into detail regarding some of the new faces showing up around the Weserstadion. Spoiler: They're excited about Hajrovic
In the second segment the guys talk about the first few friendlies Werder have played during the still-nascent pre-season schedule. Is there anything of value we can take from the games so far? Or must we wait?
In the third, and final segment Patrick and Bjorn discuss their biggest surprises of the 2014 World Cup (thus far) and look forward to the Final on Sunday between Germany and Argentina.
Thanks for sticking with us! The show will now resume its weekly status!
June 8, 2014
Summer is upon us!
- Patrick and Bjorn spend segment 1 discussing the latest news surrounding Werder Bremen.
- In Segment 2 the boys make their picks to advance from each of the 8 groups at the World Cup, beginning this week - If you're interested in taking part if the RFW Pod pick'em, hit us up @RFWPod on twitter
- In Segment 3 the boys tackle the World Cup group that was made for this show, Group G. Germany - Portugal - Ghana - USA
Thanks for listening to an (even more) laid back episode of Radio Free Weser. We'll be back at the close of the Group Stage to talk more World Cup and Werder news!
May 23, 2014
Welcome to the final Episode of Season 1 of Radio Free Weser!
Patrick and Bjorn recap the Ruckrunde of the 2013/2014 Bundesliga Campaign for Werder Bremen, as well as cover all the biggest news surrounding the club.
In this pod:
- Schaaf to Frankfurt, what do the boys think?
- Hunt to follow?
- Schroeder, what does he bring to the coaching staff?
- A happy Ruckrunde for Werder
- Did the team Over or Underacheive?
- Goal of the Season
- Game of the Season
- Player of the Season
- Best New signing?
- Biggest disappointments
- Summer plans-- stay tuned! Radio Free Weser will be around this summer!
May 13, 2014
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Weezer's 'Blue Album' all bumper music from this week's show is from said record.
In this program...
- Patrick and Bjorn recap the season-ending 1-2 defeat away from Leverkusen...but its all good...
- ....its good because the team is looking improved.
- A very boring matchday 34...no real drama
- Seba and Juno extend!
- Wither Obraniak?
- Hunt's new club...SV Werder?
- Bjorn makes a Cosby show reference!
- Elia, Wolf, stay or go?
Short show this week - We will be doing a full-on season review on NEXT week's program, as we must know HSV's final fate in order to render judgement on the campaign.
Thanks for listening!
May 5, 2014
Patrick and Bjorn are back with another (winning) episode of the show. It all goes according to plan until halfway through the third and final segment when the boys fall down the rabbit hole and end up debating the merits of corporate investment in modern football and how (if at all) a club like Bayer Leverkusen or VfL Wolfsburg is different than Hoffenheim or RB Leipzig. Programming note: I decided to leave this section in because 1) it was fun 2) it was probably the best bit of radio we did today, and 3) we intend to dive into this topic further during the summer.
Also in this show:
- Double Winners Celebrated while Hunt scores a double.
- Werder close out their home slate with a victory
- The ascent of DiSanto and Garcia
- The bottom three are not proactive
- Relegation Playoff Preview
- Werder sharp new threads
- Oh yea! We've got one more game, but what is there to play for?
Thanks again for listening!
April 29, 2014
Patrick And Bjorn are back to talk important stuff:
- Progress seen in a 2:5 defeat on the road
- Incisive passing? MADNESS
- Licensing Issues and why its not yet time to worry.
- Galvez transfer good to go
- A new coach joins the staff
- Star Wars casting
- Hertha visit the Weserstadion while the 2004 Double Winners are honored.
- Time running out on HSV...
- No Bond-villain endings
April 21, 2014
The Wunder twins are back for another episode - and yes, its a fun one!
In this show:
- Surival all but assured.
- 3:1 , easy game right? WRONG
- Hungry Like the Wolf
- Bargi, are you Torsten In disguise?
- Forging a club identity with a new generation of Werder stalwarts
- Was ist ein Garcia? A Kult Hero, that's what.
- Things getting dicey for Der Klub and the Dinosaur
- Rabbit Season! Duck Season! Dino Season!
- Bjoern makes a bold prediction
- Before Bavaria...who plays during against Bayern in a dead-rubber match next weekend.
All that and more in this week's episode of Radio Free Weser! Thanks for listening.